Do you think it’s a good idea to buy a new home before Christmas?
Most of my clients eagerly await this time of the year because they realize this is a fantastic time to find great value and to get some amazing benefits to purchasing before the first of the year. If you are looking forward to the Holidays as a time to wind down and relax with friends and relatives, let me share with you 3 amazing reasons why you should consider the option to buy a new home before Christmas.
Don’t look now but the Holidays are right around the corner.
Of course we all know that the Holidays sneak up on us. It happens every year without fail! So, why in the world would you want to buy a new home before Christmas and add that to an already crazy time?
Isn’t Spring a more traditional time to buy a new home?
Before I go over the 3 reasons to buy a home before Christmas, let’s go over some of the reasons why waiting until Spring could be costly!
- More demand means less supply: As many of us know, the lower the supply, the more Sellers can ask for their homes. And with the March, April and May months generally seeing about 36% of the yearly sales, you could not only end up paying more but possibly getting into a bidding situation where you end up losing out on the house all together.
- Rates tend to go up as more buyers enter the marketplace: A simple rise of a quarter point can be enough for some to price them right out of the market.
- Sellers are far less eager to negotiate with you: Besides the fact you may have to pay more for a home, sellers may stand firm on any requests for repairs or help with your closing costs. During the Holidays, if a house is on the market, often times sellers may be willing to concede quite a few items in order to get their home sold.
3 Awesome reasons to buy a new home before Christmas
- Tax deduction: Buying a house and closing before the end of the year may give you a much-appreciated tax deduction. You have a good chance to be able to subtract the interest component of the initial mortgage payment from that year’s taxable income. Speak to a qualified tax advisor to find out how mortgage interest deduction may be applicable to your circumstances.
- Easier/more flexible Closing: With fewer buyers taking advantage of this time of the year, closing agents are less burdened and have more time to facilitate your closing…and even come to you for signing.
- Get your new home all spruced up to enjoy Summer: If you’re like me, I can take forever to do all my spring and summer items I want done so I can enjoy my home. Now imagine how much less you can do if you wait until May or even June to move in. Add to that the possibility you may have fewer funds to do those things because you just bought the house? Instead, you’ve taken the entire Winter and early Spring to get your house in order and now you can sit back, relax and enjoy those lazy days…
If you start looking now, you can be in your new home by Christmas!
Taking into consideration the week or two it takes to home shop, add the 30 or so days it takes to close and you quickly realize if you don’t get on the ball, no matter how hard you try, you could miss out on all these benefits I listed above. Let’s talk about how I can help you or someone you know realize their dream of homeownership and still have time to gather the family for that much anticipated holiday feast.
I am passionate about Real Estate and eager to answer all of your real estate questions! Text or Call me at 360-880-2356 or email me directly to ask about Buying, Selling or Investing in today's Real Estate Market - serving Lewis County & Thurston County, WA.
Certified Residential Specialist | Real
Mountain Valley Real Estate